Veterans Affairs Banner
Home / Veterans Affairs / Services Available to Active Duty and Veterans


Black Hills State University provides a variety of services for service members, veterans, and dependents including:

Veterans Resource Coordinator

Greg Krajewski is the Veterans Resource Coordinator at BHSU. His office is located in Woodburn Hall, RM 134. As the Veterans Resource Coordinator, he can assist you with applying for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA), State Tuition Reimbursement, GI Bill® education entitlements, or other VA education benefits. Each year Greg has to take at least five hours worth of training and attend a School Certifying Official conference to stay qualified as an SCO.

Contact info: Greg Krajewski – Phone: (605)642-6415To go to the Veterans Affairs webpage, click here.

NOTE: As a veteran or dependent at BHSU you are welcome to use the Veterans Center as a place to socialize and study with other veterans. Please visit us in the Student Union next to Club Buzz.

Financial Aid Support

The Financial Aid representative for military students at BHSU is Kim Nida. Her office is located in Woodburn Hall, RM  114. As a financial Aid Representative Kim is trained to work with active military students on all their financial aid needs and can answer any of your questions as it relates to financial aid or tuition assistance.

Contact info: Kim Nida - Phone: (605)642-6113To go to the Financial Aid webpage, click here.

Academic Support

Here at BHSU, you have access to a variety of academic assistance programs including the Math CenterWriting CenterStudent Support Services, and individualized tutoring and advising. 

We also have Recruiting and Retention specialists who can assist you with getting your current class schedule set up or they can help you plan your future class schedule to achieve your education goals.  They can also offer you career guidance as it relates to getting a resume developed so that you can compete for jobs when you are done with your education goals.

Contact info for Academic Advisers: Dana Weber, Phone: (605)642-6277, Jannette Hettick, Phone: (605)642-6934, Clarissa Thompson, Phone: (605)642-6270, Melissa Woodall, Phone: (605)642-6132To go to the R&R website, click here.

Disability Services

Health Services

BHSU and Student Health Services are committed to high-quality health care for our students at the most reasonable cost possible.

To make an appointment contact our office by calling (605)642-6520. Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - noon and 1-5 p.m. Our office is located in the basement of the student union. RM #Room 006

NOTE: Upon acceptance to BHSU you will need to provide immunization documentation. If you do not have it, download the Immunization and Medical History form, complete it and fax it to Student Health Services at (605)642-6194. If you have a DD-214 (member copy 4) you can get a waiver for your immunizations. Just email a copy to

General Counseling

Black Hills State University Counseling Center provides on-campus counseling to currently enrolled students. Here are the specific services we provide:

  • Individual Counseling
  • Success Coaching and Wellness Programming
  • Select Group Counseling Services / Support Groups
  • Drug and Alcohol Education (CHOICES Program)

Contact info:

Counseling Center - After Hours - Phone: (605)641-6988
Website: To go to the Counseling Center website, click here.
Walk-Ins: Go to the Health Services Desk to schedule an appointment

Public Safety 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Phone: (605)642-6297

Public Safety - After Hours - Phone: (605)641-6988

Career Counseling

Jin Kim is the Career Development Director at BHSU. As a Career Advisor, he can assist you by helping you create your professional portfolio to land your next job, internship or career. Go to the Career Development webpage for assistance.