Make an Appointment
The Writing Center is open fall and spring semester. Students can make appointments for the campus and online BHSU Writing Assistance Center by going to https://bhsu.mywconline.com and registering with our online scheduling program. Walk-ins are always welcome as space allows.
We also offer online consultations for distance and online students. See below for more information.
If looking for feedback on a draft or partial draft, please bring two copies with you to the center. If you find that you no longer need or cannot attend your scheduled session, please cancel your session at https://bhsu.mywconline.com. Session slots will only be held for 5 minutes before being assigned to another client.
Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Sunday 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Online Consultations for Distance Students
The Writing Assistance Center offers online appointments for distance students via our online scheduling system WCOnline. Below is a step-by-step breakdown of how to schedule and participate in an online appointment:
- Please use Chrome or Firefox as your browser for all online appointments.
- Go to https://bhsu.mywconline.com and register by clicking on the registration link above the log-in box.
- Once you have registered, log-in to WCOnline to schedule your appointment.
- When viewing our schedule, select a white box (which reflects available times), and fill out the appointment form. You can schedule either a 30-minute or 60-minute session.
- Make sure to select “Meet Online” when making your appointment, and be careful to save your appointment. You should receive an email confirmation regarding your appointment.
- 5-10 minutes before your scheduled session, log-in to WCOnline and click on your scheduled appointment which will appear in red.
- In the appointment screen, a link will appear that reads "Start or Join Online Consultation.” Click on this link, and it will take you to a chat room.
- If you want to interact with your consultant via video chat, make sure to enable your webcam and microphone by selecting “allow” at the top of the screen. Alternatively, you can use the text chat feature on the right-hand side of the screen.
- You can upload your essay by clicking on the box with arrows located at the top right-side of your screen. You will use this same box to export your essay at the end of the session so you can save any alterations you make to your essay.
- You should expect to have an interactive and dynamic session with your consultant in which you discuss your assignment, writing process, and goals. Your consultant will not edit your paper for you, but they will help you gain the necessary skills to improve your writing. Enjoy your session!
Contact the WAC at 605-642-6922 with any questions or for troubleshooting. We are happy to help with any part of the registration, scheduling, or appointment process.
Dual Credit Students: If you are attempting to use WCOnline from your high school, you may have difficulty accessing the chatroom due to your school's firewall settings. If you experience this issue, you might schedule your appointment for a time when you have access to a different computer/network, or you can contact us directly for alternative options.