Our goal is to provide a quiet space for testing that meets the needs of students who are taking on-line courses from the South Dakota Board of Regents System, as well as providing the confidentiality faculty require for the integrity of their exams. This service is FREE of charge if the exam is associated with the South Dakota Board of Regents system. It is the students’ responsibility to notify their professor when they plan to take their test so the professor/university can send the testing information in a timely matter. Request for testing from students of universities not associated with the South Dakota Board of Regents system will be accepted on availability and assessed a $30.00 charge per exam. Active military duty (reserves, guards, and dependents) will be charged a $15.00 fee per exam. In class proctors will not be available.
BHSU-Rapid City offers test proctoring services for:
- Students enrolled in distance learning/online/hybrid/DDN programs with the South Dakota Board of Regents system (no charge).
- Students needing accommodations for ADA testing environments (no charge).
- Non-SD BOR Universities based on availability ($30.00) – Active military personnel (reserves, guards, and dependents of active military; $15.00 charge).
- Accuplacer standardized testing (1st time free if required for placement, re-take $18.00 per).
- City of Rapid City Exams
- Residential, Electrical, Gas, Roofing: ALL Paper exams (Electrical exams have a 3 hour limit, all others are not timed)
- Reference materials need to be brought in by the tester; Testing Center does not provide reference materials, other than the 2009 IRC. Any books, notes, or even kindles for reference materials are allowed.
- All exams are $30.00 (cash, check, debit/credit)
- Must have the authorization form with them to test. If not they need to reschedule the exam.
- Schedule the exam according to the directions below
Location and Hours
The testing center is located within the administrative offices, room 114P. Spring 2017 testing hours will be as follows:
Monday-Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday-Friday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
To schedule an exam date/time:
1. Proctor forms must be obtained by the student from the course professor and completed early in the semester to ensure the appropriate exam is delivered to the Testing Center.
2. After the proctor form has been approved by the course professor, the student is responsible for scheduling a testing appointment and confirming at least one business day in advance; failure to do so will not guarantee a testing station and “walk-ins” will not be accepted.** Failure to show up within 30 minutes of your scheduled testing time will forfeit your testing appointment.**
3. Email to make an appointment using the following information: BHRCtestingcenter@bhsu.edu or call 605-718-4193 for questions.
4. If you need to have anything sent via US Mail, the mailing address is:
BHSU-Rapid City Testing Center
PO Box 250
Rapid City, SD 57709
BHSU-Rapid City does not administer the CLEP or GMAT testing. Black Hills State University (Spearfish) and the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (Rapid City) do administer the CLEP. Information on the GMAT can be found HERE.
BHSU-RC offers both undergraduate and graduate entrance exams:
Accuplacer Placement Testing
The ACCUPLACER testing system is an internet-delivered assessment program that also uses self-paced modules allowing students to work at their own speed and comfort level. ACCUPLACER provides immediate scoring and can be equated with ACT scores. The ACCUPLACER test does not have a time limit and the scores do not affect admission. Most student take about 20-40 minutes per section. The Regental universities operate the ACCUPLACER testing system under a site license agreement with College Board.
This measure is required of all entering students who have not submitted ACT results (within the past 5 years) for placement purposes. STUDENTS MUST BE ACCEPTED INTO A SPECIFIC UNIVERSITY BEFORE ACCUPLACER CAN BE ADMINISTERED. Students wishing to challenge their course placement based on ACT scores can also take the ACCUPLACER ($18.00 PER TEST). Students requesting this service for an outside BOR University will be charged $30.00.
Please contact (605-718-4193) to schedule an entrance exam.