This program gives students a strong biological background to apply to the practical aspects of agriculture or advance to graduate school. A bachelor’s degree in biology or business prepares graduates for agriculture and/or agricultural related entrepreneurial careers.
Students who are interested in an advanced degree would then be prepared to enter a master’s program in research planning, sustainability, advanced agronomy or other related areas of study. Students are encouraged to consider graduate school to earn a Ph.D. degree if they are planning to teach at the college level or for advancement to administrative research positions.
Advisor: Dr. Brian Smith
Courses available as part of your bachelor's degree that will prepare you for your career goals.
- BIOL 151 -- General Biology I & 151L Lab - 4
- BIOL 153 -- General Biology II & 153L Lab - 4
- BIOL 357 -- Invertebrate Zoology & 357L Lab - 2
- CHEM 112 -- General Chemistry I & 112L Lab - 4
- CHEM 114 -- General Chemistry II & 114L Lab - 4
- ENGL 101 -- Composition I - 3
- ENGL 201 -- Composition II - 3
- ECON 201 -- Principles of Microeconomics - 3
- MATH 102 -- College Algebra - 3
- PHYS 111 -- Introduction to Physics I & 111L Lab - 3
- PHYS 113 -- Introduction to Physics II & 113L Lab - 4
- POLS 210 -- State and Local Government - 3
- PSYC 101 -- General Psychology - 3
- SOC 100 -- Introduction to Sociology - 3
- SPCM 101 -- Fundamentals of Speech - 3