What is Student Health Services?
When you are feeling under the weather or need health care advice, Student Health Services is the place to come. A Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant is available 35 hours a week to address your medical concerns. Through your fees, the university attempts to offer the best care possible. The Health Services office is open while classes are in session. Remember to bring your BUZZ card for student status verification.
To make an appointment:
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8am-noon and 1pm-4pm
--services are provided on a walk-in basis, but appointments are recommended.
What services do we provide?
- Initial intervention for care of acute common
medical conditions such as, but not limited to:
- ear infections
- strep throat
- uncomplicated flu cases
- STD diagnosis
- sports injuries
- urinary tract infection
- Routine physical exams for work and student teaching, including pap smears
- Allergy injections (student provides serum)
- Unlimited visits with the medical staff
- Health Education seminars relevant to college students
- Administering and record keeping for immunization requirements including MMR's, Tetanus, TB, Hepatitis, Flu shots, Chickenpox, and Meningitis.
- Depression screening
- Miscellaneous consultations such as birth control, wellness, weight loss, headaches, and more
- Pregnancy tests
Student Health Services is located in the Student Union, room 106.