Are you looking for a place to stay for the summer? BHSU Residence Life has you covered.
Summer Housing at BHSU
- Summer housing begins May 9, 2021, through August 16, 2021.
- There are options to stay for individual sessions aligned with the summer academic calendar, or you can stay for the entire summer.
- There is a weekly charge and housing can be canceled at any time without additional charges.
Black Hill State University (BHSU) has limited access to Residence Halls in response to the National and State Declarations of Emergency due to COVID-19. While we will make every attempt to meet student summer housing needs, we will also adhere to Center for Disease Control, South Dakota Health Department, and University guidance.
Students must have an active student ID AND meet one of the following criteria in order to be eligible for summer housing.
- Individuals who need to remain on campus for academic purposes include, but are not limited to summer school classes, BHSU summer research, and academic-related internships.
- Students employed on the campus of BHSU.
- Students working in the Spearfish community and are returning to BHSU for the fall semester.
- Students must also be in good financial standing with the Institution.
Summer Housing rates:
- Double occupancy: $400/month
- Single occupancy: $425/month *
*Amount can be prorated based on days.
- BHSU utilizes the Yellow Jacket Apartments for summer housing.
- The Yellow Jacket Apartments are partially furnished and are a 3-person, 2-bedroom unit. There is a chance for one or two roommates in the apartment.
- BHSU does not offer a meal plan option during the summer.
Students that do not have a signed Housing Contract and campus living assignment for Fall 2021 will be required to move out by July 31, 2021.