Residence Life Banner


New Students for Spring 2024 and Fall 2024-Spring 2025:

Students new to BHSU may appeal at any time. 

Returning Students requesting an appeal for Fall 2023-Spring 2024

The window for returning students to appeal for the 2023-2024 is closed. 

Returning Students requesting an appeal for Spring 2024:

, through . Appeals submitted from current students for Financial Hardship and Medical/mental Health ONLY will be accepted and considered during this time frame.

Returning Students requesting an appeal for Fall 2024-Spring 2025

Appeals for the Fall 2024 and Spring 2025 academic year, submitted by current students, will open from , through . Appeals for all exemptions will be accepted during this period.


Special Note Regarding Financial Hardship Appeals: The Financial Aid Office is currently delayed on processing current students' FAFSA information for the upcoming award year (2024-2025). Students filing under the Financial Hardship status will see a delay in the appeals process. Tentatively, we will not be able to send these appeals to the committee until Mid-May at the earliest.  We appreciate your patience during this process.

Contact Info

BHSU Residence Life
Woodburn Hall, 124 Map
Hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Phone: 605.642.6464
Fax: 605.642.6095

Black Hills State University
1200 University St. Unit 9100
Spearfish, SD, USA 57799-9100