Get a certificate in professional writing
Major U.S. and International Corporations have expressed that an essential element of short-term and long-term professional success is exceptional skill in writing. A crisis in written communication has resulted in a growth of corporate writing consultants, hired to provide workshops, training sessions, and in-house consultations. In addition, some corporations and organizations are sending their employees to training conferences outside their companies.
Clearly, there is a demand for improved writing skills which is why BHSU currently offers a certificate in Professional Writing.
Employees working in business, technology, medical, scientific, legal, marketing, accounting, advertising sectors, public school teachers, and individuals working in social service agencies can benefit from this program.
Course Requirements for the Professional Writing Certificate:
- 3 ENGL/WRTG 379 Technical Communication
- 3 ENGL/WRTG 401 Advanced Writing
- 3 SPCM/WRTG 455 Visual Culture
Take one of the following:
- 3 ENGL 283 Introduction to Creative Writing semester hours
- 3 MCOM 210 Basic Newswriting
- 3 MCOM 320 Freelance Writing
- 3 MCOM 330 Writing for Digital
- 3 MCOM 485 Science Writing
- 3 WRTG 479 Professional Technical Writing
Questions? Email Courtney Huse-Wika at Courtney.HuseWika@bhsu.edu