Welcome to the Black Hills State University online student orientation. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the numerous services and resources available to you as a BHSU student. If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate University Office or Academic Affairs at 605.642.6262.
BHSU is switching to a new information system called Banner Self-Service (tutorial for access) where we will keep all of your academic and financial records. This new system will replace WebAdvisor.
NEW AND PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
You may browse classes to see what courses are available to you.
Starting this upcoming registration period, you will use Banner Self-Service to:
- Register for classes - tutorial | advanced
- Special note: For Fall 2019 registration, Banner Self-Service will not check if you have completed the appropriate prerequisites for registration in a course. It is your responsibility to check this information. Please check your schedule with your advisor.
- Prepare for registration - tutorial
- Browse classes - tutorial
- View registration information - tutorial
- View your 2019-2020 financial aid application status - tutorial
- Accept financial aid awards
- Sign in with your BHSU Yellow Jacket address and email password
How to access Banner Self-Service
You can reach Banner Self-Service at http://www.bhsu.edu/banner.
- Sign in with your BHSU Yellowjacket address and email password.
- Check your personal and emergency contact information and update it, if needed.
For assistance with logging in to Banner Self-Service, contact the BHSU Help Desk at (605) 642-6580 or BHSUHelpDesk@BHSU.edu.
For registration questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at (605) 642-6092 or Johanna.Best@BHSU.edu.
Center for Academic Success
Student Financial Services
These how-to videos offer students 24/7 access to tutorials about Desire2Learn.
Information & Instructional Technology Services
Netiquette & Tips for Student Success