Withdraw from the University
The Registrar’s Office (Woodburn 103, 605-642-6044) must be notified, if a student decides to completely withdraw from school. The notification MUST be in writing, by e-mail, fax, or in person. The student's withdrawal date is the date the student began the withdrawal process or officially notified BHSU of intent to withdraw by contacting the Registrar’s Office. Please be sure to note your full name, student id number, and last date of participation in classes on your request.
For students who fail to officially withdraw, the institution may administratively withdraw the student. The withdrawal date for an administrative withdrawal will be determined at the University’s option to be:
- The midpoint of the enrollment period, or
- The last documented date of attendance at an academically related event, or,
- The date an event occurred which prevented the student from officially withdrawing from the institution. Such events include illness, grievous personal loss, or other such circumstances beyond the student’s control.
A student is considered withdrawn during a term if classes have begun and:
- The student has registered for at least one course and the student has initiated withdrawal from all state-support and self-support courses at all Regental universities in which the student was actively enrolled at the time of withdrawal, including courses in progress as well as those that have not yet begun, or;
- The Regental home university has completed withdrawal procedures for administrative reasons including, without limitation, non-payment of tuition and fees, or disciplinary sanctions.
- Students enrolled in two or more Regental universities pursuant to financial aid consortia will be eligible for refunds as set forth herein only if they withdraw, drop out or are expelled from all classes at all Regental universities for which they have enrolled.
A student who is required to withdraw from the term or from a course after the final withdrawal date (BOR policy 2:6.8) due to illness or extenuating circumstances may petition the Vice President for Academic Affairs (of the student’s primary institution) for an exception to the final withdrawal date.
Additional information regarding withdrawal from the university can be found at the Registration/Records page.