Give Nursing A Shot! Summer Camps
Are you interested in a future career in nursing? During our Give Nursing A Shot! Summer Camps, students will have the opportunity to learn more about nursing and healthcare topics and even participate in several hands on activities including*:
*Please note not all topics are taught at all camps*
- Choking Maneuver
- Blood Typing
- Taking Vital Signs
- Injecting Medicine
- Touring a Healthcare Facility
Training will by led by the SDSU College of Nursing faculty, medical professionals from the Black Hills area, and the West River Area Health Education Center.
Dates for 2023
Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when the application opens in 2023!
Camps for students entering 6th-8th grade in the fall 2023 semester
- Spearfish Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (Middle School) June 12-15, 2023
- Rapid City Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (Middle School) June 26-29, 2023
- Middle School Healthcare Career Exploration at BHSU-Rapid City July 11-13, 2023
Camps for students entering 9th grade- college freshmen in the fall 2023 semester
- Spearfish Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (High School) June 12-15, 2023
- Rapid City Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (High School) June 26-29, 2023
- Nursing Specialty Two-Day Camps (High Schoolers only) TBD in July 2023
- Each two-day camp will dive deep into a specialty area of nursing, such as OBGYN, Surgery, Mental Health, and Emergency Medicine. It is strongly recommended that attendees attend a Give Nursing a Shot! Camp before attending a specialty camp.
- Accommodations: Camps are day camps only, no overnight accommodations are available. Pickup and dropoff must be arranged by the student.
- Cost: TBD
- Meals: Students are responsible for their own lunch. Snacks are available for purchase at the BHSU-Rapid City and BHSU-Spearfish bookstores.