Give Nursing A Shot! Summer Camps
Are you interested in a future career in nursing? During our Give Nursing A Shot! Summer Camps, students will learn about nursing and healthcare topics, participate in several hands-on activities and tour a regional healthcare facility*. Camps will be led by BHSU faculty, SDSU College of Nursing faculty, medical professionals from the Black Hills area, and the West River Area Health Education Center.
**Please note not all topics are taught at all camps**
Sign up to be notified when registration opens for 2024!
Dates for 2024
Camps for students entering 6th-8th grade in the fall 2023 semester
- Spearfish Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (Middle School) June 10-13, 2024
- Rapid City Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (Middle School) June 24-27, 2024
Camps for students entering 9th grade - 12th grade in the fall 2023 semester
- Spearfish Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (High School) June 10-13, 2024
- Rapid City Give Nursing a Shot! Camp (High School) June 24-27, 2024
- Accommodations: Camps are day camps only, no overnight accommodations are available. Pickup and dropoff must be arranged by the student.
- Cost: $50 per student per camp. Registration fees are non-refundable and must be paid to hold the student's spot in the camp. Limited scholarships are available for students with financial need; email Stephanie.Mayfield@BHSU.edu to inquire.
- Meals: Students are responsible for their own lunch. Snacks may be available for purchase at the BHSU-Rapid City and BHSU-Spearfish bookstores.
- Capacity: Camps are limited to 24 students each. The registration fee must be paid to hold your spot in the camp.