Don’t miss out on the classes you need and the schedule you want!
SUMMER 2020 | FALL 2020 | SPRING 2021
STEPS FOR CONTINUING STUDENTS:
1. Contact your advisor to sign up for a remote (phone or Zoom) advising
Not sure who your advisor is? View the ‘How to Find My Advisor’ video. If you do not have an advisor
assigned to you, please contact Terri Bjorum at
2. Prepare for your advising appointment
by following the directions in this video or by following
Login to MyBHSU ( https://snap.sdbor.edu/)
Select Student Registration
- Select Prepare for Registration and insert the term
- Your assigned registration date and time will appear (times are assigned based on the number of credit hours you have completed)
- Any registration holds you may have will appear – refer to the Holds/Restrictions tab on the left for information on how to absolve holds
- From the Student main page, open your DegreeWorks Dashboard on the lower right side
- View your program progress and know which courses and requirements you still need to complete.
3. Make a plan to discuss with your advisor
From the Student main page, select Student Registration
your assigned registration time…
Select Plan Ahead –build a proposed schedule to
discuss with your advisor; you can then submit the selections on your
assigned registration day
- Plan Ahead does not allow you to choose a University so be cautious when selecting courses (listings are in alphabetical order so BHSU courses will show first)
- Use the information you gathered from your DegreeWorks audit to select appropriate courses
4. Save your plan
Changes may be necessary when submitted if classes have filled
Your advisor will help guide you through these changes
5. On the date/time you are assigned to register select Register for
- Use your existing plan (if you built one) or the course search function (see video below) to find and register for courses using the information you gathered from your DegreeWorks audit.
- Submit your selections.
WHY IS MEETING WITH MY ADVISOR REQUIRED?
Your advisor has unique experience and knowledge in your academic
- Your advisor will help you ensure you have met all requirements you need to graduate on time.
- Your advisor will provide insight to interests such as internships, study abroad possibilities, research and more.
- Your advisor may be a reference or character witness for applications to graduate school or employment after you finish school.
- Your advisor will remove your advising hold if you have completed less than 60 credits.
** Advisors will be offering remote advising sessions via telephone
and Zoom due to the current Covid-19 concerns. We are dedicated to
ensuring you receive the guidance and instruction you need no
matter its modality. **
Need help but not sure who to ask? Email your name, student ID, major,
and question to
*Important Note - ALL students with less than 60 completed credits are required to meet with their academic advisor prior to registration. An advising hold on your Restrictions screen will remain active until your advisor releases you for registration.