Goal of Future Teachers Association
The Association will better develop the skills of future educators through professional development, socials, and classroom experiences. The Association should also be aware and understand what success looks like in the classroom. As an association, we want to inspire students and to help them transition into lifelong learners. The council will work as allies and a resource for Black Hills State University prospective education majors, and preservice teachers.
Purpose of Future Teachers Association
- Bring undergraduate students together to learn and grow in education at BHSU
- Offer professional development opportunities
- Gather students together for social opportunities
- Interact and support BHSU University Events
- Provide resources for future classrooms
- Fundraising for FTA travel, apparel, resources
- Provide leadership opportunities
Who can be involved in Future Teachers Association?
Anyone that is an education major or pursuing a degree that can lead to education (e.g., Social Sciences)
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
- Secondary Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Physical Education
- Math & Science Education
- Outdoor Education
Anyone is welcome to attend our professional developments, socials or community events!
Events During the Year
- Every fall FTA teams up with the SWARM Days committee to host a carnival for students in the community.
- Every year we host a book fair on campus! The money raised will go back to our organization members to purchase books for their future classroom libraries.
- Community reading in classrooms
- Social events each month
- Once a month (or more) we get together to have fun!
We communicate through the Remind app to keep all of our members in touch.
Hartly Thorington: Co-Chair
Kim Merrill: Co-Chair
Jaiden Olson: Secretary
Morgan Bower: Representative