BLACK HILLS STATE UNIVERSITY
SOUTH DAKOTA GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
BLACK HILLS COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/RUSHMORE REGION ALLIANCE
WEST RIVER FOUNDATION
BLACK HILLS ENERGY
You are invited to attend Fuel the Growth – 2022: Advancing Economic Development in our Communities from September 14-16, 2022, at Black Hills State University–Rapid City! This Basic Economic Development Course will cover 10 economic development topics. Participants will learn from experts and colleagues through presentations, panel discussions, case studies, and networking opportunities. Topics will include:
- Business Development: Business Retention & Expansion, Real Estate Development & Reuse, Small Business & Entrepreneurship Development, Economic Development Finance and Marketing / Attraction
- Organizational Development: Strategic Planning, Managing Economic Development Organizations, Economic Development Ethics
- Community Development: Community/ Neighborhood Development & Workforce Development
COURSE TRAINING SCHEDULE, CERTIFICATE, and CREDIT OPTION:
This is not an IEDC-accredited Basic Economic Course and does not provide IEDC continuing education credit. All Fuel the Growth - 2022 registrants who participate in the full 2.5-day course will be awarded a non-credit certificate from Black Hills State University.
Non-Credit Certificates: Black Hills State University (BHSU) will award a non-credit certificate to each participant who attends the full Course (September 14-16, 2022).
University Academic Credit: BHSU will provide an opportunity for participants to earn one university academic credit by participating in the full Course (September 14-16, 2022) and registering for this credit with BHSU. Please contact Ms. Laura Prosser for details on registering for academic credit at Laura.Prosser@BHSU.edu.
- In-person attendance ONLY
- This Course will not be available via Zoom or Livestream
- Tuition: $395 per person (Registration payments may be made by credit card. Registration will officially open online on June 1, 2022.)
- Sustainability: As sustainability is a key area of focus at BHSU, at the time of check-in on September 14, 2022, participants will receive a flash drive with all presentation materials; however, attendees may choose to bring a laptop and access Course documents during the training. A portfolio for note-taking and several printed documents (training schedule, presenter bios) will also be provided to each participant at check-in. Printed copies of the presentations will not be provided.
- Hotel: A special hotel rate is available for Fuel the Growth - 2022 participants at MainStay Suites in Rapid City as detailed below.
MainStay Suites - September 14 & 15
(Block of rooms reserved for two nights only)
3321 Outfitters Road, Rapid City, SD 57703 | 605.719.5151
Twenty (20) single queen suites have been reserved for two nights at MainStay Suites in Rapid City, SD, and may be booked by any interested Fuel the Growth - 2022 participant before August 15, 2022. On August 15, the remainder of the rooms will be released to the general public and the special rate will no longer apply.
- Price/night: $129 plus taxes. Room rates at MainStay Suites are quoted exclusive of tax and fees, currently 9% sales tax and $2 city occupancy tax per room, per night.
- Group name: Fuel the Growth (20 rooms reserved)
- Reservations: To make a hotel reservation at MainStay Suites, please book directly with MainStay Suites by calling 605.719.5151.
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: August 15, 2022! On August 15, the remainder of the rooms will be released to the general public and the special rate will no longer apply.