Designed with Working Professionals in Mind
The MSSL program is offered entirely online and is perfect for those looking to become an effective leader! This program offers integrated courses that build with each other and allow a deeper understanding of how to lead an organization to success.
Application Guidelines to the Master of Science in Strategic Leadership
Submit the following documents to Black Hills State University:
- Completed BHSU graduate online application & fee payment (non-refundable).
- Official BS/BA transcript from an accredited college/university with evidence of cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above on a 4.0 scale; students with lower GPA’s may be considered for probationary entrance to the program.
- Three letters of recommendation that can testify to the applicant’s potential for providing leadership in their professional lives and the focus and dedication to complete a graduate program.
- Current resume outlining education, professional work experience, and professional development.
- Personal essay (3-5 pages) addressing past leadership strengths and challenges and how developing leadership skills will fit into their future professional lives.
Applications for the Master of Science in Strategic Leadership program are accepted for fall, spring and summer semesters. Completed applications must be received by April 1st to be considered for the summer semester, August 1st to be considered for the fall semester, and December 1st to be considered for the spring semester.