Currently reservations are accepted through US Postal Service mail or by fax and online. Reservations are initiated with our BHSU Rally Week brochure. You can apply online by filling out the application below or download the PDF form. If using the PDF form, fill it out and mail or fax to the address below. Requests must be returned with payment in full (either check or credit card).
Instructions to complete the reservation form:
- Complete the name and address block on the form, indicate your planned arrival date and approximate arrival time and departure date and approximate departure time, and please list phones and email contacts for yourself.
- Indicate how many people in your reservation and how many rooms you are requesting. (By order of the fire marshal, rooms are limited to a maximum of 2 people.)
- In the room preference block, you can indicate your favorite room or list any accessibility issues or special requests you would like us to consider in your room assignment.
- Provide your signature in the block which authenticates your information and indicates agreement with our policies.
- In the block option section, select the block which fits your arrival and departure dates (review block dates and charges)
- The appropriate rate for that block will appear on line 2 (remember to subtract your discount from the rate if you qualify for our Loyalty Discount).
- Indicate the number of rooms you are requesting on line 3.
- Line 4 will automatically multiply line 2 (rate) by line 3 (number of rooms), and then it will calculate the tax by multiplying line 4 by 0.09. Finally the form will add line 4 and 5 for the Total Amount Due on line 6.
Checks or money orders are accepted if you are mailing your request via the US Postal Service.
Enclose a check for the Total Amount Due, made payable to Black Hills State University and mail to:
Black Hills State University
ATTN: BHSU Rally Office
1200 University Street Unit 9200
Spearfish, SD 57799-9200
Credit card payments are accepted by fax or by mail. We accept Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit cards. We apologize, but our payment system does not allow us to accept American Express.
If paying by credit card, please enter the appropriate information (credit card number and expiration date) and sign the line indicated for Cardholder’s Signature. Mail the request to the address above or fax it to 605.642.6024. The fax machine is just a couple of steps from our Rally Coordinator’s desk and your credit card number is strictly protected in utmost confidentiality. Your request (with the credit card number) is shredded after Rally; we do not retain credit card numbers for any reason. We also do not sell our mailing list to anyone; your privacy is respected.
If you have any questions, please contact our Rally Coordinator 605.642.6908 or Nancy.Shuck@bhsu.edu.
If your plans change once you’ve submitted payment, we will refund your money in full if we have received written notice of your cancellation in our office by July 15.* Without written notice by this deadline we will be unable to issue a refund regardless of circumstances.
*Written notice is accepted when sent by US Postal Service or by fax and requires an original signature. Currently email is not considered sufficient written notice.