Writing Center In-class Workshops
FACULTY: The Writing Center is available to lead in-class workshops on writing skills and conventions. Workshops can be tailored to fit 30-, 50-, and 75-minute blocks. In addition to these topics, we are available to lead small-group peer review workshops for your classes either during class time or during a scheduled session in the Writing Center.
We are also available for short classroom visits to discuss the Writing Center mission and the services we offer to students.
STUDENTS: Select from the topics listed below, or submit a request for an individualized workshop. Workshops can be tailored to fit individuals or small-groups of peers or classmates.
- Great Expectations: Producing College-Level Writing
- Brick and Mortar: Crafting Foundational Thesis Statements
- Making Amends: Proofreading and Editing Strategies
- Every Minute Counts: Writing Essay Exams
- Prove It: Writing the Argument
- Between the Lines: Writing the Literary Analysis (Poetry or Fiction)
- The Terrible Trifecta: Correcting Comma Splices, Sentence Fragments, and Run-ons
- The (Un)Reliable: Identifying and Evaluating Sources for Academic Writing
- Academic (Dis)Honesty: Avoiding Plagiarism
- He Said/She Said: Documenting and Incorporating Sources in APA or MLA