Meet students at BHSU: Alexandra Hancock

Alexandra Hancock, corporate communication and graphic design major from Spearfish

At BHSU, each student makes their mark on a University committed to helping them turn their possibilities into realities.  

Campus activities and clubs: I am involved in the University Honors Program, Crux Climbing Club, and Presidential Student Ambassadors.

Favorite Memory at BHSU: Thus far, my favorite memory on campus has been traveling to the Philippines last semester as part of the BHSU Service Learning Project and working with children at one of the rural schools. It was truly a life-changing experience that I'll remember forever.

Professor who has influenced me: I have had many professors who have influenced me during my time at BH, but professor Gina Gibson and Dr. Courtney Huse-Wika would have to be the most influential. Both professors have always had open office doors and helped me through any difficult decisions I've had to make both in academic fields and beyond - I'm very grateful for them both.

Favorite place to visit in Spearfish or the Black Hills: My favorite place is definitely Spearfish Canyon. I love being outdoors, so the Canyon is where I spend most of my study breaks. I love to rock climb, hike, mountain bike, or even just take a drive - it's really a special place we're so lucky to have so close to campus.