new Banner
News & Events

BHSU Scholarship Gala and Raffle to be held in person and virtually

Author: BHSU Communications/Tuesday, August 4, 2020/Categories: Events, Academic Affairs, Alumni, Community, Donations, Events, Faculty, Staff, 2020

Image
This year Black Hills State University is combining its annual Scholarship Gala and Gold Rush Raffle event into one Comeback Extravaganza, inviting alumni, staff/faculty, and community members to raise funds for academics and athletics. The event will be at the Lyle Hare Stadium, or you can participate virtually, Saturday, Aug. 22, starting with a social hour starting at 6 p.m. The main event starts at 7 p.m.

BHSU has hosted two separate fundraising events, but due to COVID-19 the university decided to combine the two. The gala last year raised more than $160,000 and the raffle, an additional $47,000. All the funds go toward scholarships for academics and athletics.

According to Steve Meeker, vice president of University Advancement, 75 percent of the funds are allocated to academic scholarships while the remaining 25 percent are put towards athletic scholarships.
“With the cost of obtaining an education today, it is important we do what we can do to help defray the cost for our students,” Meeker says.

Throughout the event, BHSU will be using a mobile bidding program. This will allow participants to bid virtually from the comfort of their homes. During the silent auction, bidders will receive notifications if they’ve been outbid. The live auction will be live streamed and use the mobile bidding program as well.

Please RSVP for the event by August 10 at http://bit.ly/BHEXTRA20.  For more information contact Meeker at Steve.Meeker@BHSU.edu or 605-642-6228.
 
Print

Number of views (328)/Comments (0)

x

FEATURED EVENTS