Meet students at BHSU: Therese Wilhelmi

Therese Wilhelmi, art and humanities major from Black Hawk

At BHSU, each student makes their mark on a University committed to helping them turn their possibilities into realities.  

Campus activities/clubs: BHSU Soccer, Newman Club, Nights of Country Swing

Favorite memory or experience at BHSU: My favorite memory so far is the volunteer work in the first week. I got to work with the firefighters and some other students to clean the trucks and the station, afterwards we got to try the firemen's suits (and even had a little race). It was a great experience!

Tell me about your first few weeks on campus: These weeks have been great, it took a little adjusting to get used to but there's always something to do. I've been blessed with and amazing group of girls on my soccer team, as well as fun and entertaining professors and classmates. I'm surprised how fast the semester is passing, it's going to be gone before I know it!

Favorite place to visit in Spearfish or the Black Hills: I really enjoy Dunn Brothers Coffee in Rapid City. I also like to wander through Custer State Park now and then.

Future plans: My goal is to continue traveling the world, whether that be through a job, internship, or schooling I leave that in God's hands.