Meet students at BHSU: Jarod Skvicalo

Jarod Skvicalo, marketing and tourism and hospitality management major from Lead

At BHSU, each student makes their mark on a University committed to helping them turn their possibilities into realities.  

High School activities/clubs: Editor of school newspaper and member of LDHS jazz band for four years.

Favorite memory or experience at BHSU: My favorite memory at BHSU so far was looking at campus on my first day of class, taking a deep breath and letting the realization hit me that I was actually a college student now.

Tell me about your first few weeks on campus: In my first few weeks, I've made friends primarily through simply introducing myself when I see people in class or in the hallways, and I've been surprised with how friendly everybody is on campus!

Favorite place to visit in Spearfish or the Black Hills: My favorite place in the Black Hills is the summit of Devil's Bathtub in Spearfish Canyon. I love the serene beauty of the scenery and the crystal clearness of the water.

Future plans: My biggest future goal is to graduate with my marketing degree and eventually become an advertising professional in the Black Hills area.