A dental hygienist is a licensed dental professional who specializes in preventive oral health. Typically working with a dentistry office, dental hygienists provide include specialized cleanings for patients, take prescribed radiographs, and provide instructions for care.
Entering a career as a dental hygienist is a difficult but rewarding task. Your first step is to earn an associate’s degree from BHSU. We have created a recommended program of study that will make your journey to becoming a dental hygienist a reality.
Courses available as part of your bachelor’s degree that will prepare you for your career goals.
- BIOL 121 -- Basic Anatomy & 121L Lab - 4
- BIOL 123 -- Basic Physiology & 123L Lab - 4
- BIOL 231 -- General Microbiology & 231L Lab - 4
- BIOL 286 -- Word Origins* - 3
- CHEM 106 -- General Survey I & 106L Lab - 4
- CHEM 107 -- General Survey II & 107L Lab - 4
- ENGL 101 -- Composition I - 3
- ENGL 201 -- Composition II - 3
- MIS 105 -- Introduction to Computers* - 3
- PSYC 101 -- General Psychology - 3
- SOC 100 -- Introduction to Sociology* - 3
- SPCM 101 -- Fundamentals of Speech* - 3