If you want to create a personal folder in MS Outlook, please follow these instructions.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.
- To create a Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) that offers greater storage capacity for items and folders and supports multilingual data, click OK.
For compatibility with earlier versions of Outlook, under Types of storage, click Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click OK.
- In the File name box, type a name for the file, and then click OK.
- In the Name box, type a display name for the .pst folder.
- Select any other options you want, and then click OK.
- Password information
If you are creating a .pst file, you can add a password of up to 15 characters. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.
- The name of the folder associated with the data file appears in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go menu, click Folder List.). By default, the folder will be called Personal Folders.
- Drag any item from your current folders to the new folder.
If you have any questions, please contact the BHSU Help Desk at 605.642.6580 or BHSUHelpDesk@BHSU.edu. Or submit an online Request Help Form.
Posted on: June 01, 2010 @ 12:03