Black Hills State University is now offering FREE wireless Internet to Faculty, Staff, and Students on campus.
Please read the following details:
Users may only connect with wireless laptops and PDA's that meet these minimum requirements:
- The system is intended for web based services and does not offer printing or copying services from personal wireless devices.
- The system is only compatible with WiFi 802.11b/g devices.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) must be used.
- Encryption and Authentication should be left to default settings.
- WiFi coverage can be found in the Library, Student Union Market Place, Jacket Legacy Room lobby, Meier Hall lobby and recital hall, Jonas Academic Computer labs, and the Young Center lobby and Hall of Fame Room. These locations currently have a wireless "hotspot" available for public use.
- Guest at BHSU can use the campus wireless to access the Internet. Guests have limited access and are subject to rules and regulations of the state and university.
- Encryption is not used on public HotSpots. Network & Computer Services is not responsible for compromised data transfer.
- All devices must have up-to-date anti-virus software and all applicable operating system patches.
- By connecting to a BHSU WiFi Hotspot, you are agreeing to abide by the Black Hills State University Wireless Network Communication Policy.
If you would like more information on this service please contact the BHSU Help Desk at 605.642.6580 or BHSUHelpDesk@BHSU.edu.