Black Hills State University provides wireless Internet to Residents, Faculty, Staff, Students, and Guests on campus.
Please read the following details:
Users may connect with wireless laptops and devices that meet these minimum requirements:
- The system is intended for internet-only web based services and does not necessarily provide access to other network-based resources.
- The system is compatible with WiFi 802.11b/g/n/ac devices.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) must be used.
- Encryption and Authentication should be left to default settings, except where specified.
- WiFi coverage can be found at various locations around the campus. Guest Internet access may be limited only to publicly accessible areas.
- Guests at BHSU can use the campus wireless to access the Internet. Guests have limited access and are subject to rules pertaining to acceptable use by the state and university.
- Encryption is not normally provided on public WiFi. Network & Computer Services is not responsible for compromised data transfer.
- All devices must have up-to-date anti-virus software and all applicable operating system patches.
- By connecting to a BHSU WiFi Hotspot, you are agreeing to abide by the Black Hills State University Wireless Network Communication Policy.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff should use the "BHSU-Secure" network if they have a BHSU provided email address.
- Visiting Students, Faculty, and Staff from schools participating in Eduroam should use the "eduroam" network. Detailed instructions for using eduroam are provided below:
- Guest should use the "BHSU-Guest" network.
If you would like more information on this service please contact the BHSU Help Desk at 605.642.6580 or BHSUHelpDesk@BHSU.edu.