In this article, we will be talking about how to change your password. If you are having difficulties or need any further clarification, please contact WebTraining@bhsu.edu for assistance. You may also contact us through this address if you need your password reset or have forgotten your username. Below you will find the written instructions, a printable file for your convenience and you can watch a short video as well.
When you initially receive your username, it is usually quite long and cumbersome. Changing your password to something you will remember is important so that you can maintain accessibility to your page.
- First, navigate to the page you wish to log into.
- Log in as you normally would. If this is your first time logging in, you should have received an email with your password. (If you need more information on logging in, see the How to Login and Logout Tutorial).
- Go to the bottom right hand corner where you logged in and you will see your name between the date and the logout button. Click on your name.
- You will be directed to the Manage Profile page. This is where you can change information about your profile, in this case your password. To change your password, click the Manage Password link (two from the left at the top).
- Then you will see three boxes: One to enter your current password, one to enter your new password and a box to re-enter and confirm your password. You may either type in your current password or you can copy it from the email you should have received when you were given a login for your website.
NOTE: Your password must be at least 7 characters long.
- Click Change Password.
- If you see the green checkmark at the top that says, The password has been reset, you changed your password successfully. If you see a red X, re-enter your old and new passwords and try again. Make sure your password is at least 7 characters long.
If you still are unable to get your password changed, contact us at WebTraining@bhsu.edu.
- Now you can use your new, and easier to remember, password to login.
Do you want to print out the instructions? Download the printable version of How to Change your Password.
Watch a video on how to edit module title.
If you have any questions about this or any other posting, please feel free to contact us.
Posted on: June 04, 2010 @ 12:06