Each fall, the leadership team meets to select the goals and activities for the year. Generally, activities fall into the following categories:
- Outdoor Outings: Things like rock climbing, hikes, picnics, skiing, tubing, fly fishing, fly tying, kayak rolling clinic...it's up to the active members to decide.
- Outdoor Seminars/Classes: COLP has sponsored kayak rolling clinics, rock climbing skills seminars, and fly tying.
- Service Events: Last year, COLP sponsored a "Fun in the Fieldhouse" activity day for community youth, picked up trash around Mirror Lake, and adopted a trail.
- Fundraisers: COLP raises money each year to support its activities. One large fundraiser is the Open Rock Wall Nights, in which COLP members open the rock wall to the public for a small fee. COLP members also work closely with The Outdoor Education Program to provide non-credit programs to groups such as ropes course, rock climbing classes, fly fishing, and canoeing. This is for a small fee.
- Fun: Join us for our world-famous semester picnics, which usually involve bad weather, Dutch oven experiments, beanie-weenies, and grilled food.