posted on February 06, 2013 08:52
The School of Business at Black Hills State University is pleased to announce the addition of three new business certificate programs. Certificates will now be available in Management, Entrepreneurial Studies, and Management Information Systems (MIS).
The certificate programs, recently approved by the South Dakota Board of Regents, require fewer credit hours than a minor and course offerings will allow students to develop expertise within a focused area of study to address identified market or workforce development needs.
Classes are available in Spearfish, Rapid City, and online. “This is great for those individuals who are seeking an added credential for their portfolios,” says Dr. Priscilla Romkema, dean of the College of Business and Natural Sciences.
The new business certificate programs are:
· Designed for those who would like an academic certificate in a specialized area
· Open to those with or without previous academic degrees or certifications
· Offered for academic credit (four courses; three credits each for a total of 12 credits)
· Designed and taught by BHSU business faculty
· Available at the BHSU campus in Spearfish, the University Center-Rapid City (UC-RC), and online
· Able to be taken in one semester, one year, or over time
For more information about the new business certificates contact Dr. Priscilla Romkema, BHSU Dean of the College of Business and Natural Sciences, at 642-6212 or visit www.BHSU.edu/Business.