posted on July 08, 2011 15:44
|Summer Stage at Black Hills State University will present Peter Pan - the Musical. Performance dates are July 14, 15, 16 21, 22, and 23 at 7:30 p.m., and July 17 and 24 at 2:30 p.m. in the Laboratory Theatre in Pangburn Hall.
Summer Stage at Black Hills State University will present Peter Pan, a musical by Piers Chater Robinson. Children from the community are a big part of this production, which runs for two weeks. Performance dates are July 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, and 23 at 7:30 p.m., and July 17 and 24 at 2:30 p.m.
Peter Pan, like its namesake, is a tale which never ages. Children and adults have fallen under the spell of Neverland, a place where children can fly and exciting adventures happen every day.
The cast of Peter Pan includes: Alexa Syverson, sophomore communication arts major from Rapid City, as Peter Pan; Jessica Juhrend, BHSU graduate from Spearfish, as Wendy Darling; Maxwell Downs, junior theatre major from Rapid City, as Captain Hook; Dalton Erskin, community performer, as John Darling; Zade Dohman, community performer, as Michael Darling; Jacob J. Roman III, senior wellness management major from Sturgis, as Mr. Darling; Ann Thompson, senior mass communication and theatre major from Spearfish, as Mrs. Darling; Denielle Bennett, sophomore communication arts major from Alliance, Neb., as Nana; Tessa Braddy, BHSU graduate from Spearfish, as Liza; and Tyler Millslagle, junior speech communication major from Rapid City, as Smee.
Additional Summer Stage and community performers include:
- Andrew Rexroad, speech communication major from Spearfish; Michael Boring, BHSU graduate; Steve Boring, wellness management and theatre major from Pierre, and Matthew Woodard (the Pirates)
- Jacob J. Roman III (Leader of the Islanders)
- Tessa Braddy (Tiger Lily)
- Maddie Drumm, Chitra McDill, Denielle Bennett, Ann Thompson, and Danielle Doty, junior mass communication major from Rapid City (Islanders)
- Katie O’Shea (Tootles)
- Bryce Mullaney (Nibs)
- Gabby Lewis (Slightly)
- Brooklyn (Curly)
- Isabelle Drumm and Taya Lucas (the Twins)
- Maddison Doren, Will Evridge, Ella Kruskamp, Cassidy Walby, Jaci Mollman, Danielle Valentine, Avalon DeBeaumont, Anneliese DeBeaumont, Abbie Woodard, Avery Geffre, and Kylie Staider (Lost Boys Chorus)
Wrapping up the Summer Stage season will be Postmortem, a murder mystery by Ken Ludwig, July 28, 29, and 30 at 7:30 p.m., and July 31 at 2:30 p.m. This whodunit mystery is packed with suspects and tinged with suspense and laughter.
All performances are in the Laboratory Theatre, located on the lower level of Pangburn Hall on the BHSU campus.
Reservations are recommended. To make reservations or to learn more visit www.BHSU.edu/Theatre, call 605.642.6171, or email Summer.Stage@BHSU.edu. Ticket prices are $13 for adults, $11 for seniors, $8 for students, and $5 for ages 17 and under.