The Hatterscheidt Scholarship is a one-year award valued at $2,000. These selective application-based scholarships are awarded annually to seniors graduating from South Dakota high schools who meet the following minimum requirements.
- Must be a South Dakota resident and graduate from a South Dakota high school
- Show financial need and apply for Federal Student Aid through the FAFSA
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be accepted for admission to Black Hills State University
- Attend the Spearfish main campus of BHSU full time (min. 12 credit hours)
To apply for a Hatterscheidt Scholarship, please complete, print and submit the following forms:
Hatterscheidt Scholarship Application
Applications for the 2018-2019 Hattescheidt Scholarship must be received in the BHSU Financial Services Office by Friday, March 16, 2018.
Completed applications will include the following items:
- Application form (signed by applicant and parents)
- Financial information
- High school transcript
- Autobiography (no more than 200 words)
- Three letters of recommendation
After completing and printing the above forms, please send your completed application to the following address:
BHSU Financial Services
1200 University St. Unit 9670
Spearfish, SD 57799
For questions regarding the Hatterscheidt Scholarship, please contact Katie Nelson at 605-642-6829.