Welcome to the Teacher Online Endorsement Website
To add an endorsement to your current teaching certificate, you may select the coursework at the undergraduate level or graduate level in the teaching areas listed on this website. Our focus is to provide endorsements accessible to all teachers. BHSU School of Education is committed to providing these endorsements online. Some teachers might be looking to advance their education and seek a Master’s Degree. This website is designed to guide you in providing the program that best fits your needs.
Some teaching minors, with the passing of the state required test and the appropriate practicum, may lead to licensure. Contact Micheline Nelson, University Certification Officer for additional information.
Steps to Adding an Endorsement
- Contact the advisor (see endorsement planning sheets)
- Send an unofficial copy of your transcript to the University Certification Officer for approval of possible course substitutions
- Apply to BHSU as a non-degree seeking student undergraduate or graduate
- Register for classes – After communicating with your advisor, the University Certification Officer will request your registration in the coursework selected
- Contact the University Certification Officer to request experiential substitution for prior or current experiences as defined in the South Dakota Administrative Rules (SDAR)
- Register for the PRAXIS test if required (see planning sheets)
- Apply for adding the endorsement on your teaching certificate through the Department of Education of the appropriate state
- The University Certification Officer will sign off on licensure requests upon completion of all requirements
- Official transcripts may be requested online from the BHSU Registrar’s Office