K-12 Classroom Technology Endorsement
A K-12 classroom educational technology endorsement requires an educational technology methodology course in addition to 12 semester hours of coursework as follows:
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity through integrating technology applications including technology ethics and facilitating experiences that advance student learning in face-to-face and virtual environments;
- Design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning using contemporary tools;
- Develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the ISTE Student Standards;
- Model digital-age work and learning through the integration of technology skills;
- Exhibit knowledge, skills, and processes of an innovative professional in a global and digital society;
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility by understanding local and global societal issues and responsibilities of a digital culture and exhibiting legal and ethical behavior in professional practices;
- Engage in professional growth and leadership improved professional practice by the effective use of digital tools and resources and model lifelong learning and leadership by promoting and demonstrating technology.
No state test is required or available to validate this endorsement.
COURSEWORK: See Planning Sheet