What We Do
The Writing Center provides BHSU students the following services:
- One-on-one consultations for any class and at any stage of the writing process, including understanding an assignment, taking notes, developing a thesis, organizing a first draft, or revising and editing a final draft
- Assistance in researching, documenting sources, and avoiding plagiarism.
- Assistance in group writing projects
- Reviews of grammar and punctuation rules
- Advice on writing a résumé, application letter, or professional portfolio
- Preparation sessions for the writing portion of the Rising Junior Exam (CAAP)
- Feedback for prepared speeches and presentations
If looking for assistance with a draft or partial draft, please bring two copies with you to the session.
Students do not necessarily need an appointment to visit the center. The Writing Center is designed as an Open Writing Lab, a place and space for student writers to work on their essays, papers, and speeches with the added advantage of consultants on hand to offer feedback and answer questions. Walk-ins are welcome as space allows, and students are welcome to work independently and seek feedback from consultants when they are available. We have work stations and reference materials available, as well as drafting computers and access to wireless printing.
For more information, please see:
Preparing for a Session
Consultations for Distance Students
Meet the Consultants
Go to https://bhsu.mywconline.com/ to schedule an appointment today! If you have questions about the registration process, please call (605) 642-6922 or stop by the WAC for assistance.