Veterans Affairs at BHSU

Welcome veterans! GET STARTED HERE

Let's get started! Please select a category below:

Current Military

Active Duty South Dakota National Guard




MIL/VA Information Sheet

Current BHSU Students, please fill out the MIL/VA Information Sheet to make sure all your information is current.

Welcome Back

  1. Please contact the BHSU Admissions Office to apply for re-admission and enrollment assistance.
  2. Please submit the MIL/VA Information Sheet to begin the re-enrollment process. The form is sent to the university's certifying official in the BHSU Office of the Registrar. Upon receipt, the certifying official with submit an enrollment certificate to the VA. The certificate is processed by the VA in approximately 6-8 weeks.

Transferring to BHSU

Welcome transfers! If you have used VA educational benefits at another institution, and plan on using them at Black Hills State University, you are on the right page. The Veterans' Services Officer will certify your enrollment upon receipt of the following documentation.

GI Bill Survivors and Dependents Vocational Rehabilitation

If you are receiving Chapter 31 benefits, please contact your case manager. Your case manager will provide us with a 1905, which will be used to verify your enrollment. Sioux Falls Voc Rehab: (605) 333-6845 Rapid City Voc Rehab: (605) 394-5070