Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Presidential Student Ambassadors, you will be the recipient of enhanced professional development, networking opportunities, life-long friendships, volunteer opportunities, and resume building. Ambassador benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Dinners with the President of the University
- Opportunity to meet legislators, prominent alumni, Board of Regents members, and other dignitaries
- Letter of recommendation from the President when applying for jobs and/or graduate school
- Travel to district or national conventions
- Playing an integral role in the success of Black Hills State University
- Develop public relation and communication skills
- Chance to meet employers in your area of emphasis
- More complimentary food than you can imagine
- Opportunity to make lifelong friendships
Membership to this organization is available without regard to race, lifestyle, color, religious creed, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender.
Students selected as BHSU Ambassadors will be required to attend bi-weekly meetings. Ambassadors should expect to spend approximately 3-5 hours per week on group activities (this will vary depending on certain events). Members will be asked to join committees and participate in projects/event planning as well.
Each member will sign a membership contract outlining the responsibilities of his/her position.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Attend all meetings unless excused by the President, one of the Vice Presidents, or the advisor
- Serve on at least one organizational committee
- Volunteer at least 20 hours of service for events held by Black Hills State
Learn more about Presidential Student Ambassador membership in the New Member Manual or contact us with any questions.