Apartment Rates with three to an apartment: $275/person for 15 nights (includes linen, cleaning fee, buzzcard, and campus access fee). This translates into a daily cost of $18.33/night/person. (These are 2012 prices, and there is a 8.5% tax added to this cost, making the total $ 298.40.)
- Linen includes 2 sheets, pillow, pillowcase, blanket, bath towel and washcloth.
- All beds come with a mattress pad.
- Each of the two bedrooms in the apartments has 1-2 beds (oversized twin beds), mattress pads, a closet, and a desk.
- Apartments also have a bathroom, kitchenette and living room areas. The kitchenette has a small refrigerator and stove, but essentially no pots and pans, dishes or utensils. There are a limited number of pots that can be borrowed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Meals may be purchased as needed in the new Student Union dining facilities.
- Each apartment has phone service but not the phone equipment. Guests are encouraged to bring a phone. Local calls are free. Long-Distance calls can be made via a LD phone card. Additionally, each room has a designated phone number; hence incoming calls can be made directly to a room.
- Apartments are air conditioned.
- All apartments are not wheel chair accessible. Those requiring ground floor accommodations should indicate it on the attached form.
Each guest will receive a buzzcard. The buzzcard is used to gain access to the Residence Hall and identify the guest as a member of the Johanna Meier Opera Theatre Institute.
All those staying in the apartments are not required to purchase meals during the week from the Dining Hall.
Meals in the Student Union Dining Hall have the following approximate times and prices:
- Breakfast $6.25/person (7-9:30 AM with continental to 10; weekend brunch 11-1)
- Lunch $7.65/person (weekday 10:45-1:30, weekend 11-1 brunch)
- Dinner $8.75/person (weekday 5-7; weekend 5-6:30)
Procedures for obtaining a Residence Hall Room
Fill out and submit the application form below.
To check into a room, guests should go directly to the resident halls (Opera Institute group). Guests should check in between 3-4 PM Saturday, prior to the start of the institute, if expecting to stay in the apartments that evening. If this is not possible, special arrangements need to be made by calling Residence Life at 605.642.7546.
If you have any questions or require further information, please call 605.642.6420.