Change Student Email Password
Using the BHSU Password Self Service Portal
Setting up your Security questions:
Type the following address into your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) http://account.bhsu.edu
- At the login screen, enter your email address and your current email password.
- If this is your first time logging into the password self-service portal you will have to set four security questions
After entering your answers, click “Save Responses”.
On the next screen, make sure you spelled everything correctly and select “Confirm Responses”.
Press “Continue” on the next screen.
- Make sure you remember what your answers are, you will need these to reset a forgotten password.
- Also, try to pick questions that are not commonly known by other people.
Changing your Password:
- Now that you have entered your security questions you should be at a screen that has several account related options
- Select the “Change Password” link
- On the next screen, you need to enter your current email password
- On the following screen, enter your new password
Once you have entered your new password in the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields, select the “Change Password” button.
- The page will give you restrictions on what your password must contain in order to meet minimum requirements.
- Note: you can click the “Auto-generate a new password” link to get a list of strong passwords, but make sure not to forget what it is.
How to reset a forgotten password
- Navigate to http://account.bhsu.edu
- Select the “Forgotten Password” link in the middle of the page
- Enter your BHSU email address and your date of birth making sure to follow the MMDDYYYY format
- Answer the questions on the following page
- Enter your new password in the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields, select the “Change Password” button.