Black Hills National Forest ~ Northern Hills District:
- Tinton trail (hike & bike) - FSR 134 South (2 miles S. of campus)
- Big Hill trail (hike/bike/xc ski) - FSR 134 South (9 miles S. of campus) - Loop system.
- Old Baldy trail (hike/bike/snowshoe) - FSR 134 South (16 miles S. of campus) - Loop with spur.
- Little Spearfish trail (hike/bike/snowshoe)- FSR 222 or Roughlock Rd. (20 minutes from campus)
- Lookout Mountain trail (hike & bike) - Exit 12, through the gate.
- Crow Peak trail (hike/bike/snowshoe) - Higgins Gulch rd., take Hillsview from St. Joe. (10 min from BH)
- Dugout Gulch trail (hike/bike/snowshoe) - South of Beulah, follow Sand Creek past Ranch A. (25 min.)
- Centennial trail (Bulldog Draw) (hike & bike) - South East of Sturgis ~ BLM & FS trail. (20 min.)
- Sundance trail system (hike/bike/snowshoe/xc ski) - North of Sundance, WY - Trailhead in city park.
- Eagle Cliffs trail (hike/bike/snowshoe/xc ski) - Hwy 14A to Hwy 85 West - Trailheads begin a few miles west of Cheyenne Crossing. (30 min. from campus)
Young Center Climbing Wall:
- Open Rock Wall times are scheduled each semester by the student volunteers. See the current schedule posted next to the Rock wall.
- Fee - $5 per person includes rock gear and wall supervisor; $3 per person if you bring your own gear.
- Call Chris McCart at 605.642.6027 for information.