Vets HQ is a space to provide support services, program information, and a relaxing atmosphere to study and socialize for veterans, those currently serving in the military, and their dependents. It is located in the lower level of the Student Union in room 003.
Vets HQ Mission
- Support and encourage opportunities for veterans to meet other veterans for peer support, networking, and mentoring. This will in turn build a stronger veteran community on campus.
- To provide a place for those that have served or are serving in the armed forces a place to study and help each other succeed in their educational and vocational pursuits.
- To provide a space for the Vets Club to meet.
- To provide a place for community and campus services to work with our veteran students.
- Host campus personnel from the Student Success Center, Student Union, specific campus departments, and the community to talk about services and opportunities available on campus and in the area.
VA Healthcare Transition Patient Advocate
Tom Lowther will be in Vets HQ on the first Tuesday of every month from 10 am - 2 pm for the fall 2012 semester.
State Vets Representative
Kevin Klunder will be in Vets HQ Thursday mornings from 9 am - Noon to help with resume writing and helping veteran students transition military experience to employment success.
The Writing Center will have tutors in Vets HQ on Mondays from 10 am- 12 pm and Wednesdays from 12 pm - 2 pm.
The Math Center will have tutors in Vets HQ Monday through Thursday from 12 pm - 1 pm.