To ensure the security of your vehicle and your belongings, Public Safety encourages you to do the following:
- Lock your vehicle every time you leave it.
- Discourage theft by parking in well-lit spaces and high pedestrian traffic areas.
- Report suspicious people to security, include as much information about the person, location,
and/or type of car involved.
- Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle. Look inside your vehicle prior to entering it.
- Do not leave tempting valuables or property visible inside the car. Lock these items in the trunk.
- Avoid walking alone at night unless absolutely necessary.
- Walk purposefully; know where you are going, project a no-nonsense image.
- Call the Public Safety cell phone at 641-6988
Motorist Assistance is a free service that provides jump-starts and lockouts for students, faculty, staff, and visitors whose vehicles are on campus property.
Call Public Safety at 642-6297 or 641-6988 for detailed crime prevention information.