Types of Vehicle Permits To Be Issued
- A - issued to all faculty and employees. Vehicles displaying an A(Faculty) permit may park in the Faculty/Staff, Jonas, Young Center, and all perimeter lots.
- B - issued to students who do not reside in on-campus University housing. Vehicles displaying a B (Commuter) permit may park in the commuter area, Jonas, Young Center, and perimeter lots.
- C - issued to students who reside in Pangburn and Humbert Halls. Vehicles displaying a C (Humbert/Pangburn) permit may be parked in Humbert/Pangburn lot, University Street parking areas Jonas, Young Center and perimeter lots.
- M - issued to all persons who operate a motorcycle. Vehicles displaying an M (Motorcycle) permit may park in the Resident lots if a resident, Commuter lots if a commuter, and Faculty lots if faculty and/or employee, and all perimeter lots.
- R - issued to students who reside in the apartment complex at the north side of the campus. Vehicles displaying an R (apartment) permit may park in the Apartment lots, Jonas and Young Center lots.
- T - issued to students who reside in Thomas and Heidepriem Halls. Vehicles displaying a T (Thomas/Heidipriem) permit may park in Thomas, Heidepriem, Jonas, Young Center and perimeter lots.
- W - issued to students who reside in Wenona Cook Hall. Vehicles displaying a W (Wenona Cook) permit park in the Young Center, Jonas parking lot and in the perimeter lots.
- YC - issued to all persons who purchase a membership at the Donald E. Young Sports and Fitness Center with the exception of BHSU faculty, staff and students. Vehicles displaying a YC (Sports Center) permit may park in the Young Center lot ONLY. These permits are valid for two years: August 31, 2014 to August 31, 2016.
- Additional permits may be purchased at full or appropriate price.
Guest (Visitor) and Temporary Permits
- Guest and Temporary permits are issued without charge by Public Safety office located in the Student Success Center of Woodburn Hall.
- Vehicles bearing a Guest permit may park in any legal parking area not marked reserved. Guest permits may not be issued for periods longer than 5 days, and are valid for date(s) indicated only. Guest permits must be completely filled out to be valid.
- Temporary permits are to be hung from the inside rearview mirror, printed side facing out. Or displayed in the lower left corner of the windshield or on the dash with the information facing outward.
- Temporary Handicapped permits are issued upon demonstration of need and medical statement for a period of up to 30 days. If additional time is needed the permit may be renewed. Vehicles displaying a Handicapped Permit may park in any legal parking areas A, B, C, R, T, W, and YC or H spaces.