BHSU Parking - Miscellaneous Information
- In case of multiple ownership and operation, the vehicle parking permit will be issued in the name of one individual only, and he/she shall be responsible for the motor vehicle.
- Liability. The person in whose name the vehicle is registered, or if the vehicle is not properly registered, the person who has legal custody of the vehicle shall be liable for all violations attached to the vehicle and is subject to any and all fines or disciplinary action resulting from the violation(s).
- Faculty and employees may not purchase A (Faculty) parking permits for vehicles used by their student spouses or children.
Towing and Storage
- Any vehicle occupying a fire lane, blocking a fire hydrant or obstructing the normal flow of traffic will be towed at the owners expense.
- It shall be unlawful for the driver, operator, or owner of any motor vehicle, trailer, or implement to park or leave standing, any motor vehicle, trailer or implement on any Black Hills State University street, avenue, or parking lot for a continuous period of 30 days. Three (3) days after registered owner is notified, or attempts have been made to notify, any motor vehicle, trailer, or implement found to be in violation of this section shall be towed away at the owner's expense. The owner shall also be charged for storage, if required, and any parking tickets that might have accrued to such vehicle, trailer or implement.