Payment of Violation Fines
- All payments of violation fines shall be made within 5 days after the issue date of each violation, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and school holidays. These payments can be made on-line by using the link at the bottom of this page.
- Failure to pay will result in an additional $15.00 fine after the five days excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Failure to pay required fines after written notice will result in the following action:
- A. Unpaid student violation fines will result in a "hold" being placed on the student's records, he/she will not be allowed to register until all fines have been paid in full.
- B. Failure of employees to pay violation fines is an infraction of BHSU policy. Unpaid employee fines will be deducted from the last paycheck received for the current semester. In the case of terminating (voluntary or involuntary, including retirement) personnel, the deduction will be taken from the last paycheck. The Vice President for Student Life will initiate the deduction process.
- A vehicle may be immobilized (or booted) if 5 or more outstanding violations are issued to the vehicle. A boot fee of $50.00 maximum must be paid before the boot is removed. The vehicle may be towed after being booted 3 days (excluding Saturday, Sunday or holidays) if violations are not paid. All towing expenses will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Consistent enforcement of University parking policies and regulations helps contribute to an equitable system for all members of the campus community. Occasionally, extenuating circumstances may be the basis for an appeal of a parking citation. Appeals must state concisely, but fully, the grounds on which the appeal is based.
- An appeal must be submitted to the Public Safety office within 5 business days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and school holidays after the issuance of the citation. The elapse of 5 business days results in the violator's forfeiture of the right to appeal the citation.
- Written appeal forms are available at the Cashier window in Woodburn Hall. An appellant may also appear in person before the appeals committee. A processing fee of $5.00 per appeal will be charged when an appeal is filed, payable at the Cashier's window. The fee will be refunded if the appeal is upheld.
- Fire lane, fire hydrant, handicap parking violations, and unauthorized use of permits are not waveable offenses. Disregarding BHSU Parking Policies and Regulations are not valid reasons to wave a citation. "I was running late", "I will never do it again", "I was just dropping off a paper", "I was just there a minute", "I did not see the sign", "But other people were parked there", etc. are unacceptable grounds for an appeal.
- Written notification to the appellant will be made within 15 days. A citation fine, which has been appealed and denied, must be paid within 72 hours of the denial, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and school holidays. If the $15.00 fine is not paid within the 72 hours, a late fee of $15.00 will be added.
- THE APPEAL DECISION IS FINAL AND BINDING.
Purchase your Parking Permits or pay your Parking Fines online at the BHSU eMarketplace.