The 54,000 sq. ft. BHSU Young Center field house is open Monday – Friday from 5a.m. - 9p.m. (Friday 8p.m.). BHSU students with a Buzz Card and Young Center Members are welcome to use the field house. Some of the features of the field house include:
- 6-lane, 200-meter rubberized track (8 laps = 1 mile)
- Runners - outside lanes
- Walkers - inside lanes
- pole vault pit (University use only)
- batting/golf cage
- 3 regulation size tennis courts
- 6 basketball backstops
- 3/16” Pyramid spikes only - no needle points
- Rock Climbing Wall: come and enjoy the 16' high, 20' long, 100 holds rock wall!. We have 6 trained facilitators, 200 ' of climbing rope, 28 pairs of climbing shoes, 26 harnesses, and 0 accidents.
- Rock Climbing is available on Wednesdays from 7:00 - 8:45 pm during the academic year opening October 3rd.
- Fee is payable to COLP - $4 per person includes rock gear and wall supervisor; $2 per person if you bring your own gear.
- For groups or birthday parties: $75 per hour.
- Contact Chris McCart at ChristineMcCart@BHSU.edu or 605.642.6027 for information.
- Tennis Challenge Court
- Singles or Doubles
- Play a set of 6 games
- Winner plays challenger
- Winner may win 3 sets, than must forfeit court
The Young Center is open from 5:00 am - 9:00 pm on Mondays through Thursdays, 5:00 am - 8:00 pm Fridays and 8:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekends.
- BHSU Athletics has priority from 3:00 - 5:00 pm through January, then 3:00 - 7:00 pm February - May. Young Center Members may not use it during this time. Please walk our hallways when the athletic teams and other groups are using the field house.
- Youth soccer reserves the inside tennis court area from December through February from 5:00 - 7:00 pm December and January and 7:00 - 9:00 pm in February.
- On inclement weather days, BHSU football, BHSU softball, BHSU and SHS track and/or cross country, SHS tennis team will use the field house as needed. Reserving the Field House:
If you are interested in reserving the field house for your next event click here. Contact Joshua Roadifer at 605.642.6196.