It is required of all admitted students born after 1956 to document their immune status for measles and rubella. Proof of two doses of measles vaccine or of the presence of an immune antibody titer against measles is required.
- Measles vaccine (MMR) is offered at Student Health Services at a charge for students over 18 years of age.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series is recommended and offered to students 18 years of age and younger. Because certain age groups are deemed at higher risk, the State of South Dakota will provide those students with free serum.
- Flu vaccine is offered in late fall to students wishing to receive the shot at no charge to them, while supplies last.
- Allergy shots are administered. A Board Certified Allergist must provide the allergy serum for each student allergy patient.
- Tetanus shots are offered at a charge and recommended to students who are behind on this vaccination, and would like to be updated.
- Tuberculin skin testing is available to students at no charge to them.
Have you provided the immunization documentation as required? If not, download the Immunization and Medical History form, complete it and fax it to Student Health Services at (605) 642-6194.
If you are not sure, contact PenneyWilliams@bhsu.edu in the Student Health Services Office in Room 106 of the Student Union, or call (605) 642-6520 or fax (605) 642-6194.