Black Hills State University currently collects and recycles several different types of material including:
- White Paper
(sheet & shredded )
- Plastic, numbers 1-7. (Does not include plastic shopping bags)
- Telephone Books (seasonally)
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Used Motor Oil
- Used Cooking Oil
The chart below shows Facilities Services estimates for quantities of material collected and kept out of local landfills for the 2012 fiscal year.
|Food Waste (Compost)
(Data from fiscal year 2012: 7/1/11 - 6/30/12)
Here's how you can participate!
Place only recycle material generated on the BHSU campus in the appropriate, labeled containers at these locations:
- White paper, Plastic, and Aluminum containers are on most floors of Jonas Academic, Meier Hall, Library, Woodburn, Young Center, and the Student Union and now in the lobbies of Wenona Cook, Heidepriem, Humbert, Pangburn, and Thomas!
- Glass collection is at the Student Union and Library.
- Batteries (alkaline and UPS) are collected at Facilities Services.
- Cardboard collections are located in most buildings in red, wheeled containers or similar wide containers and at the Young Center laundry room. Please remember to flatten the cardboard first.
Contact: Katie Greer 605.642.6298.