BHSU has provided students, faculty, and staff with a Buzz Card including the types of accounts and security access that is needed on campus. Each cardholder shall help maintain the integrity of the system by immediately reporting lost cards and notifying campus security or the Buzz Card Office if they witness doors propped open, abuse of the card readers, or any other unauthorized use of a person's Buzz Card.
Report lost or stolen Buzz Cards to the Buzz Card Office:
605.642.6513 | Monday - Friday
605.642.6299 | Nights and weekends
You may also log in to http://Community.BHSU.edu and report your card stolen to have it immediately deactivated.
Issues or concerns with your account
If you believe there is a problem with your account or that a mistake was made, contact the Buzz Card Office at 605.642.6513 or email Julianna.Tenold@BHSU.edu.
Faculty and staff have a convenient method of adding funds to their Buzz Bucks account through payroll deduction. The funds are posted to your Buzz Bucks account on the last working day of each month. Faculty with a nine month contract will have a deduction made on their checks from September to May. The payroll deduction form can be printed and mailed to either University Support Services or the Human Resource Office. Please contact the Buzz Card Office if you have any questions concerning the payroll deduction program.
What you can do at the online card office:
- Holders of a Buzz Card including faculty, staff, students and departmental Buzz Cards can view transactions and review the balance of funds on their card.
- Add funds to your Buzz Bucks account.
- View transactions of the Unprint/Pharos printing system account.
How to use your online Buzz Card account:
- To log on, the customer number for Buzz Card holders is their first name, middle initial, last name as one word and no capitals.
- Sign-in is the birth date - mmddyyyy
- For first time use, the user needs to edit their personal information and input the card number printed on the front of the their Buzz Card. The field for email address should be the BHSU email address.
- The on-line card office is https://community.bhsu.edu