BHSU Campus Posting Guidelines:
The intent of these guidelines is to provide Black Hills State University students, faculty, and staff with maximum opportunity and space to advertise campus sponsored activities and events at locations throughout the campus. It is expected that all advertising materials posted will be reasonably neat, attractive and in the interest of the campus community.
1. Posters and flyers size is recommended to be 11" x 17" or smaller and in a portrait orientation.
2. Posters and flyers must provide the name of the BHSU sponsoring department or organization. The event time and location must be included.
3. All posters must conform to the campus visual identity standards and include the University’s ADA Compliance statement.
4. There are approximately 29 bulletin boards designated for campus activities available to post BHSU flyers/posters. The boards are located in the Student Union, Jonas, Residence Halls, Young Center, and Library. Posters may be left at the Student Engagement and Leadership Center to be hung on the proper boards.
5. There are community boards designated for off-campus entities to advertise community events, ads, and classifieds. These posters can be dropped off at The Student Engagement and Leadership Center.
6. Posters, flyers, and table tents should be posted for a period not exceeding two weeks.
7. No posters are permitted in which alcohol consumption or alcohol sales are part of the advertisement.
8. Posters may be posted in areas designed for posters only (i.e. bulletin boards and strips). Publicity may not be attached to windows, doors, walls, floors, trees, light posts, or any other part of the university grounds.
9. Chalk on the sidewalks is permitted only for promotion of university-related programs and activities. The Student Engagement and Leadership Center should be notified of chalking.
10. Due to Spearfish city ordinance (Article I. Sec. 3-28), "No person shall throw or deposit any handbill in or upon any vehicle.”
11. Table tents must follow campus visual identity standards and the above-listed policies.
12. Special exemption from any of these policies may be requested at the Student Engagement and Leadership Center.