SNAP is the web-based system used by Black Hills State University to keep track of employee records and timesheets. It contains HR forms and policies as well as various types of information like benefits, direct deposit, retirement etc. SNAP is the place where each BHSU employee submits their timesheet for approval. SNAP Accounts are issued to all BHSU employees. This includes students, faculty, and staff members.
When do I submit my timesheet?
In order to be paid each month, it is critical that you submit your timesheet by the deadline. You are responsible for submitting your electronic timesheets to your supervisor. Without a timesheet, your supervisor is unable to approve your time and without the supervisor’s or their proxy’s approval, you will NOT be paid until the following pay period. The pay period for all institutions within the South Dakota Board of Regents is the 22nd of the month through the 21st of the following month.
Timesheets must be submitted by 9 a.m. on the first business day after the pay period ends. This typically will be on the 22nd of the month. If the 22nd falls on a holiday or a weekend, they will be due on the next working day. Watch the SNAP portal as it will indicate when electronic timesheets are due. Pay day is the last working day of each month.
How do I submit my timesheet?
Self Service Web Time Entry is a web-based time entry system used by SNAP that is designed to improve accuracy and eliminate loss or delays in paper processing of physical timesheets. The Web Time Reporting system allows you to log into a secure website and enter your time online from any computer with access to the Internet. Your time is then approved online by your supervisor and sent electronically to Payroll for processing.
You will access Web Time Entry through the SNAP employee portal using your issued user name and password. This username and password will be sent to your BHSU email address upon generation of your SNAP ID. SNAP ID’s are generated each Friday and should be available to you the Monday following the completion of your employment paperwork.
Your SNAP ID user name will usually be the first initial of your first and middle name and your full last name. There are some exceptions for more than one 'mtsmith' or someone with a short last name. Your password will initially be your six-digit birth date (MMDDYY). The system will prompt you to change your password after you first login. Because of the sensitive nature of payroll information, you should not share your user name or password with anyone. It is also important to log off of the system when you have finished.
Web Time Entry “Quick Steps”
- Log onto SNAP portal http://snap.sdbor.edu using your SNAP ID username and password. Your SNAP ID username and password is sent to your BHSU email address. Contact BHSUHumanResources@BHSU.edu if you are still having trouble.
- If you would like to change your password after logging on to SNAP for the first time, select My Account located directly below the BHSU logo to the left of the screen. Follow the instructions for changing your password.
- Click on Employee Tab.
- Go to the Time Reporting Channel, Time Sheet section.
- Click on the link for the current pay period. If you have multiple positions, they will be listed separately and you will need to record your hours separately for each position.
- Click Enter Hours link for the appropriate day on the Hours Worked earnings category.
- Enter your hours in the box that appears.
- Click Save. If you have not finished entering your hours for the entire pay period, you can now exit the system and return at a later date (within the pay period) to complete your data entry and submit for approval.
- Enter Comments as needed (the only time that comments are required is when you are submitting hours for Previous Period Correction in a given pay period).
- Click on Submit for Approval only after you have completed entering hours worked for the entire pay period (the 22nd of the month through the 21st of the following month).
- Visually verify that the timesheet has been submitted by reviewing the bottom of the screen. The Submitted for Approval By… line should display the date.
- You may login again before the payroll due date to verify that your supervisor has approved your timesheet.
Please contact BHSUHumanResources@BHSU.edu if you have any questions.