The international Relations and Global Engagement office is here to help you find a global connection. Please let us know how we can help you
The Office of International Relations and Global Engagement is the hub for international activity at Black Hills State University.
The Office of International Relations & Global Engagement (IRGE) is charged with the development, growth and sustainability of a global campus community. This charge is currently carried out by way of five strategic initiatives:
- Recruitment of degree seeking international students
- Recruitment of international and domestic students to participate in bilateral exchanges, independent study abroad experiences and/or service learning programs which facilitate global understanding
- Develop and maintain Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) which link BHSU with partner universities abroad
- Development of opportunities for BHSU faculty and staff to participate in visiting professor, visiting researcher, or visiting staff exchange programs in addition to other collaborative service and scholarly activities
- Create and maintain strategic collaborations on campus and in the local community which integrate internationalization into the fabric of the communities.
These initiatives with their accompanying programming have been developed to fulfill this institution’s mission to establishment a global campus community. This Office positions BHSU with partner universities in Asia, Europe, and Africa as an innovative high quality university.