The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to be the official source for information used by the data driven decision makers at Black Hills State University and beyond. As such, Institutional Research provides accurate, appropriate and timely information intended to support the efforts of BHSU to be an innovative, high quality institution.
Research is conducted using best research practices that result in reliable and valid information while protecting subject privacy. Studies are conducted using historic and current records, state and national data sources. Examples of specific studies include:
- Enrollment studies for majors, departments graduate studies and assessment and accreditation efforts;
- Retention studies and accountability efforts;
- Admissions and recruitment reports and data for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Reporting to external governing agencies at the local, state and federal levels; and
- Ad hoc reports as needed by members of the BHSU community
For questions concerning BHSU statistics and reports, please email Erin Holmes, Director of Institutional Research and Assessment or click on the request research information button below. She can also be reached at (605)642-6087.